Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one He has sent.” John 6:28-29
The verse from John 6:28-29 is indeed powerful and carries a profound message about faith and its transformative impact on one’s perspective and life.
Belief in Jesus isn’t just a passive acceptance but an active, life-altering commitment. It ushers in a series of profound shifts in our perspective:
- Identity and Purpose: When we believe in Jesus, our perspective on who we are undergoes a radical transformation. We begin to understand our mission and purpose in the context of God’s plan. It’s not just about our personal ambitions but aligning our lives with a higher calling.
- Audience: Belief in Jesus redefines our understanding of “whose we are.” We come to realize that we belong to God, and our ultimate audience is not just the world but the divine. This shifts the focus from seeking human approval to seeking God’s favor.
- Relationships: Our perspective on people changes as well. We begin to see others as children of God, worthy of love and respect. This change in perspective fosters empathy, compassion, and a genuine desire to love and serve those around us.
- Work and Leadership: Belief in Jesus influences how we approach work and leadership. We view our jobs not just as a means to earn a living but as opportunities to serve and make a positive impact. Leadership is seen as a chance to lead with humility and emulate the servant leadership of Jesus.
- Life’s Challenges: Even the challenges that life presents take on a different hue when we believe in Jesus. We understand that these challenges are part of God’s plan to shape us and make us more like Jesus. This perspective allows us to face adversity with resilience, knowing that God is with us.
Living out this belief is where the true test lies. Aligning our behavior with our beliefs can be a challenging but deeply rewarding journey. It involves consciously integrating the principles of love, grace, and humility into our daily lives, regardless of the circumstances.
As you reflect on your own beliefs about Jesus, consider how they have transformed you. Has your faith influenced your values, your interactions with others, and your life choices? Today, you can continue to live out your belief in Jesus by striving to align your actions with your faith, actively glorifying God, and demonstrating love and compassion to the people you encounter. It’s a simple yet life-changing way to navigate the complexities of existence, one step at a time.