INTERNATIONAL FACILITATORS: The following information pertains to residents of the United States or Canada who wish to become certified Lead Like Jesus Leadership Development Facilitators. Certification training and requirements for international facilitators varies slightly from one region to another. For more information about becoming a Leadership Development Facilitator outside of the U.S. or Canada, send an email to [email protected].
Thank you for considering joining the Lead Like Jesus team as a Leadership Development Facilitator!
Lead Like Jesus Facilitators are on the frontlines of sharing the hope and transformation of Jesus with the world.
Through Encounter, you will be challenged and inspired in your personal leadership, and you will be introduced to the core message and teachings of Lead Like Jesus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I attend an Encounter and Facilitator Certification Training?
Encounter and Facilitator Certification is currently offered online. The virtual Encounter workshop is held over three consecutive days, 4 hours each day. An additional 4 hour Facilitator Certification session follows.
What is the purpose of Encounter facilitator certification?
To engage and equip persons who desire to help spread the Lead Like Jesus message by facilitating Encounter workshops through their organizations and spheres of influence.
How can I schedule an Encounter and Facilitator Certification Training in My Location?
Lead Like Jesus Encounter/Certification trainings are held on-site when scheduled by an individual who is a part of a faith-based group. We offer Encounter workshops with an optional Facilitator Certification. For more information on how to schedule an onsite Encounter workshop experience and a Facilitator Certification, please call our office at 800-383-6890.
What are the prerequisites to becoming a certified Encounter leadership development facilitator?
- Have a ready-made audience for facilitating the Encounter and opportunities to lead multiple Encounters
- Attend an Encounter leadership workshop led by a Master Leadership Development Facilitator
- Complete an online Facilitator Application and submit it to Lead Like Jesus
- Attend a virtual or on-site Encounter/Certification and complete the certification process.
What is the process to become a Leadership Development Encounter Facilitator?
- Complete the Facilitator Application
- Interview with LLJ staff member
- Review Facilitator Policy Manual
- Review and sign Facilitator Covenant
- Register for and experience the Lead Like Jesus Encounter and Facilitator Certification
- Learn basic facilitation skills and apply them during a teach-back segment of the Encounter
- Attend and observe a second Encounter from the Facilitator viewpoint
- Schedule and facilitate your first Encounter Experience within 6 months
- Become a fully certified Leadership Development Encounter Facilitator
What is included for facilitators being certified?
Included in the certification fee is your registration for the accompanying Encounter event, and the certification training. At the training, you will receive:
- Encounter Participant Workbook
- Encounter Trainer’s Manual
- Lead Like Jesus Revisited Book
- Lead Like Jesus Revisited 6-week study guide
- Trainer PPT’s and videos
As a certified Encounter facilitator, you will also receive ongoing support from the Lead Like Jesus team as well as discounted books and resources.
Want to learn more?
Fill out the form below, and we will contact you directly with further information and next steps for becoming a Leadership Development Facilitator.