Thank you for your interest in the Way of the Carpenter Facilitator Certification!
The Way of the Carpenter is a people-development framework within the Lead Like Jesus model that provides a task-specific, practical, and actionable process for developing team members and building strong and trusting relationships.
Individuals who are working in faith-based organizations or faith-led businesses and have a ready-made audience of managers, supervisors and team leaders within their organization may qualify to be trained as a facilitator.
Pre-requisites for The Way of the Carpenter (WOTC) Facilitator Certification:
- Attendance at a Lead Like Jesus Encounter Workshop
- Complete a WOTC Facilitator Application
- Have a ready-made audience for facilitating the Way of the Carpenter workshop and opportunities to lead multiple WOTC workshops within your organization.
- Attend a WOTC workshop led by a Way of the Carpenter Master Trainer
We recommend that individuals who wish to be certified in the WOTC workshop begin by utilizing this people-development process with their own teams. Implementing the process and practice using the four tools of a strategic leader provides Facilitators with the experience they need to facilitate the workshop.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the process to become a WOTC Facilitator?
- Complete the Facilitator Application
- Interview with LLJ staff member
- Review Lead Like Jesus Policy Manual
- Review and sign Lead Like Jesus Covenant
- Register for and experience They Way of the Carpenter Workshop and Facilitator Certification facilitated by a WOTC Master Trainer
- Experience a one-on-one coaching session to learn how to navigate and use your Online Assessment System & Information Site (OASIS) where you assign and manage the online Leadership Strategy Assessment.
- Attend and observe a second WOTC virtual workshop from the Facilitator viewpoint.
- Schedule and facilitate your first WOTC workshop within 6 months of being certified.
- Debrief your workshop experience with an LLJ staff member.
- Become a fully certified WOTC Facilitator upon completing the above steps.
Where do I attend a Way of the Carpenter Workshop and Facilitator Certification Training?
Way of the Carpenter workshop and Facilitator Certification is currently offered online. The virtual WOTC workshop is held over two consecutive days, 4 hours each day. An additional 4-hour Facilitator Certification session follows.
What is the purpose of the WOTC facilitator certification?
To prepare and equip individuals to facilitate the Way of the Carpenter workshop within their organization.
Who is the primary audience for the Way of the Carpenter workshop?
The WOTC workshop prepares managers, supervisors, and team leaders to emulate the process that Jesus used in growing and developing His disciples. This workshop is designed to help people-developers make good leadership choices that help others improve their performance.
For individuals in your organization who are not in a leadership role of managing others we recommend our Lead Like Jesus Encounter experience.
What materials do participants in the WOTC receive?
The WOTC participant kit includes:
- Online Biblical Leadership Strategy Assessment, which yields a 25-page leadership report
- Participant Workbook
- Coaching Guidebook
- Summary Article on The Way of the Carpenter People Development Model
What Certification materials do Facilitators receive?
In addition to the participant kit listed above, Facilitators receive:
- WOTC Facilitator Guide
- WOTC PPTs and Videos
- Lead Like Jesus Revisited book
- Access to an Online Assessment System and Information Site
If you would like more information on becoming a certified Way of the Carpenter Facilitator, please contact us at [email protected] or 800.383.6890.