Because we believe that successful leadership begins on the inside, this course is designed to intentionally focus on a leader’s heart motivation, our “why” first. Defining our “why” is not an easy task. It requires soul-searching, an understanding of one’s core life values and a desire for a destination that’s much more than pure profit or personal success.
This course will explore critical questions every leader must answer, differences between a spiritually healthy and an unhealthy heart and how understanding and embracing our identity and an accurate self-awareness will make us much more effective influencers.
This course is designed to provide every leader, regardless of his/her life-role or position, a better understanding of:
- Why our heart matters most in our leadership journey
- What Jesus, the greatest leader of all time, teaches about the importance of the heart
- How we can practically embrace Jesus’ model of leading and influencing others in our day-to-day living.
Upon completion, the participant should have a better understanding of why the heart of a leader matters, how to recognize a spiritually healthy and an unhealthy heart, and practical ways to lead with a healthy heart committed to the Father and not to the bottom line or selfish ambition.
Each of the Five Sessions is broken down into:
– Inspiration: Sets a tone for the lesson and brings a strong Biblical perspective and background to the topics being covered.
– Reading: Includes a practical article / blog that connects the spiritual principle with day-to-day living.
– Lesson: In-depth Powerpoint with videos and reflective and discussion questions
– Discussion: Deeper Biblical and practical connection that ends with critical questions participants must answer. Those questions can be used for group discussion.
Session 1 – Why the Heart?
This session covers why effective leadership starts on the inside and why If we don’t get the heart right, then nothing else will make us a leader like Jesus.
Session 2 – Healthy vs. Unhealthy Heart
This session examines the differences between a spiritually healthy and an unhealthy heart, and how to recognize unhealthy heart tendencies in ourselves.
Session 3 – Identity and Self-Awareness
This session delves into the importance of understanding and embracing our identity in Jesus, and how an accurate or inaccurate self-awareness impacts us and the way we lead.
Session 4 – Three Ways to Diminish Your Influence
This session investigates three common attitudes and behaviors that diminish our influence and ways we can recognize and correct those attitudes.
Session 5 – Three Outcomes of Exalting God Only
This session explores three critical ways we can increase our influence as leaders by embracing attitudes and habits that keep us connected to the Father and to one another.